in This Release:
· ADMINS TAKE NOTICE
· The 1.6 patch radically changes the format for the
The 1.6 README has all the necessary details, but note that your
current maplists will not work when you update to the 1.6 patch.
· New Map - Liberation of Caen
· Liberation of Caen is a new map for BF1942 owners. It
whole new army, the Canadians. The army includes the Sexton SPA and the
Lynx scout car, as well as new skins, flags, voice overs, and a new
Assault rifle and the Johnson M1941 LMG. The Germans in this map are
also equipped with a new scout vehicle, the Kettenkrad.
· New Map - Raid on Agheila
· Raid on Agheila is a new map playable for owners of the
Weapons of WWII expansion pack. This exciting map adds a bevy of new
vehicles, including mobile spawn points, stationary rocket launchers, a
new tank, new self-propelled artillery, and the Flettner, an
· Modifications to Existing Maps
· The Russian dive bomber, Ilyushin IL-2, has replaced one
of the Yak 9 fighters in Kursk and Kharkov.
· Battle of Britain can now be played using Objective Mode.
Weapons of WWII expansion pack is NOT required to play Battle of
Britain in this mode.
· Invasion of the Philippines has been slightly revised. The
Destroyer has been rotated to face North, giving the Japanese a better
chance at the start. The out of bounds area has been pushed back, and
ticket bleeds have been slightly reduced.
· Client Specific Changes/Bug Fixes
· Added support for Punkbuster anti-cheat software
· Visit www.evenbalance.com for more information.
· In-game HUD Player and Map Voting Interface Via Scoreboard
· To access the new scoreboard features either enter the
interface and click the Scoreboard button, or press TAB. (NB- clicking
the right mouse button while holding down TAB will give you a cursor-
clicking on the 'lock' button will lock the scoreboard onscreen.)
· Features of the new scoreboard:
· Add buddies.
· Vote to kick players.
· Vote to kick a player on your team (only your team can
· Vote for maps.
· All players can be seen through scrolling the score list.
· Integrated vote dialog to respond to vote requests.
· Added two new key bindings map to Yes and No for the vote
response dialog (default: Yes: 7 and No: 8).
· Added a new key binding for quick access to the map vote
dialog (default: INSERT).
· Please note that if you already have these keys bound in
profile you will need to assign these functions to other keys or use
for them to work.
· Improved Server Browser
· Support for favorite servers as a separate list accessible
filters pane. NOTE: The favorite servers list must be refreshed
manually to reflect the latest information from these servers.
· Added button to place server in favorites list.
· Much better filters and updated performance.
· Added new filter buttons:
· Populated only.
· Pure Servers (Content Check).
· PunkBuster only
· Server Information pane will now detail which mods are
present in the
server rotation - Fixed the "Add server" button in the in-game server
browser- now works for servers that use the standard GameSpy BF1942
· Added button which takes you to the server rental service
· Added LEGEND button (looks like question mark). This
details what the main icons represent in the Server Browser Interface.
· Other Fixes / Changes
· The game.listPlayers command shows the cd key hash of the
· Slightly improved loading speed of maps.
· Fixed sinking destroyer bug.
· Changed APC exit point to minimize certain exploits.
· Fixed an exploit involving damage to Aircraft Carriers.
· Fixed crash bug when a dead bot was thrown through a
window or door.
· Dedicated Server Specific Changes / Bug Fixes
· Added Support for Punkbuster Anti-Cheat Software
· Visit www.evenbalance.com for more information
· Win32 Dedicated Server Implemented Through Back-port of
the Linux Dedicated Server
· Runs in console mode displaying a status monitor with an
· The server uses a different binary than the game
· Status monitor changes (compared to Linux server 1.5):
· Added chat feedback.
· Added number of tickets and current round number.
· Added game state (playing, paused, etc.).
· Added Support for Mixing Mods, Maps and Game Modes in the
· (NOTE: This is only supported from the dedicated server
· IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT NEW SERVER FUNCTIONALITY
· Please note that all old maplists are incompatible with
feature and will have to be created again. Running the server with an
old map list will not work.
· As a result of this the game.serverGamePlayMode command in
ServerSettings.con file and the +game command line argument are now
obsolete for dedicated servers and should not be used.
· The Maplist.con was changed to allow three arguments:
· game.addLevel < mapname > < game mode
> < mod >, e.g.
· game.addLevel Gazala GPM_CQ bf1942
· ** NOTE : the following commands now also use this
· Updated the DedicatedServer.exe launcher program to allow
for creation of maplists with the new functionality.
· Updated Chat System
· Fixed "chat lag" by streaming messages over a
· Added basic flood protection which prevents players from
taking to much chat bandwidth by "spamming".
· Added chat text as messages to the status monitor console.
· GameSpy/ASE Host Reporting Changes
· Added (kills/deaths) to ASE score format.
· Added roundTimeLeft to GameSpy keys.
· Added reporting of cd key hashes to GameSpy keys.
· Added active_mods key showing all mods in map cycle.
· Added content_check key showing content checking mode.
· Converted GameSpy reporting keys to lowercase and replaced
with underscores to facilitate filtering in external browsers.
· Upgraded XML Logging Format to 1.1
· Added support for CD key hashes for players.
· Fixed a few spelling errors for keys.
· Fixed a bug where compressed XML logs where sometimes
· Escapes non-printable characters as bf:nonprint tags.
· Added chat text messages to the XML stream.
· Updated Banning System
· Bans can be set on CD key hashes as well as IP addresses.
· Timeouts can be specified in these ways:
· admin.banPlayerKey [timeout]
· Where timeout can take one of these formats:
· Omitted or 'perm' meaning that the ban is permanent
· An integral number meaning the number of seconds the ban
will be active (i.e. 3600 means one hour)
· 'round', meaning the ban is active until the next map
· An integral number prepended by a colon (i.e. :1234567),
epoch exporation time of the ban (number of seconds since 1 Jan 1970).
This option is most usable by external tools.
· IP address bans continue to work as earlier but include
the new timeout options as well.
· Bans are stored as absolute times in banlist.con. Existing
bans in banlist.con will be interpreted as permanent bans.
· Updated Content CRC Generation
· Generation bat files are now created only for the mods you
select. The new bat files are named getcrc-.bat.
· Updated Remote Console Output
· The remote console now mirrors text written to the main
prepending each mirrored line by a hash character (#). This is useful
to capture chat text from external tools that periodically send
commands to the remote console.
· Please note that if several remote connections are made,
the state of
the mirroring is cleared so that mirrored console lines can easily be
lost. Thus if you plan to use this feature in a tool, please only
connect with one remote console connection at a time to ensure that you
will get the correct results.
· Other Fixes/Changes
· Added installation sanity checking that will tell you
installation errors such as missing files. The sanity checking is done
automatically at startup.
· Added more readable error messages for common errors such
as misspelled level names.
· The game.listPlayers command lists cd key hashes of
connected players when running in internet mode.
· The game.showPorts console command can be invoked to
display the ports currently used by the server.
· Added overlayPath feature to support running multiple
instances from the same installation directory. To set up an instance,
please follow these steps:
· Create a new, empty directory to hold the instance, for
· Copy the modsbf1942Settings directory from the main
installation to the new directory
· Create a new, empty Logs directory in the instance
· Start the server with the overlayPath argument in a
· bf1942_w32ded.exe +overlayPath C:Server1
· Please note that the working directory for the server must
still be set to the main installation directory.
· Also please note that if your overlayPath contains spaces
need to quote the path in the arguments in one of these ways:
· bf1942_w32ded.exe +overlayPath 'c:path with spacesserver1'
· bf1942_w32ded.exe +overlayPath """c:path with
spacesserver1""" (note that these are three double quotes)
Battlefield 2 Patch
Battlefield 2 v1.3 (438MB)
2 v1.3 Incremental (83MB) Requires 1.22
Unranked Server Files for Win32 v1.3 (297MB)
Unranked Server Files for Linux v1.3 (297MB)
2 v1.22 (372MB)
v1.22 Incremental (9.3MB) Requires 1.21
Unranked Server Files for Win32 v1.22 (246MB)
Unranked Server Files for Linux v1.22 (252MB)